Start the time off with a recent and aromatic batch of morning glory muffins, full of fruit and nuts!
These muffins are totally loaded with shredded apples, carrots, pineapple, nuts and extra. Packed with goodness, they’re each wholesome and scrumptious.
Make a giant batch and freeze them for straightforward seize-and-go breakfasts!
What are Morning Glory Muffins?
This recipe adaptation comes from Gourmet journal’s well-known muffin of the identical title. It’s one among their prime recipes spanning over 50 years!
They are the right wholesome breakfast, mid-morning snack, or submit-exercise deal with!
Healthy & Hearty Muffins
- Light and moist morning glory muffins are full of taste, everybody loves them. They remind me of my favourite carrot cake recipe in muffin type!
- Full of fiber and wholesome fruits, veggies, and nuts they may hold everybody full, joyful, and energized for hours!
- They’re versatile so add in your favourite nuts, seeds, or dried fruits.
- Just like fast bread, morning glory muffins freeze superbly! Double up the recipe and freeze some for later!
Ingredients in Morning Glory Muffins
Batter – Flour, eggs, oil, and a little bit of baking soda create the bottom for these muffins. I substitute a number of the oil with unsweetened applesauce to make them a little bit bit more healthy. You can use half all-goal flour and half entire wheat flour in case you’d like
Fruit – Pineapple and applesauce lock within the moisture of those muffins. Grated apples and carrots add moisture and taste. Try including dried fruit and raisins to this morning glory muffin recipe!
Nuts – Chopped toasted pecans, walnuts, almonds, or pistachios (and even pumpkin seeds) are nice in these. Any mixture will work.
Variations – Any of the next substitutions or additions work properly on this recipe:
- swap out the coconut for a cup of raisins or dried cranberries
- add in some orange zest
- stir in a tablespoon or two of flax seed
How to Make Morning Glory Muffins
These muffins will come out moist and scrumptious once you observe these easy steps!
- Combine the eggs with pineapple, sugar, applesauce, oil, and vanilla in a big bowl (per the recipe under).
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt collectively. Add the moist components and stir.
- Gently fold within the remaining components. Divide batter evenly into muffin tins and bake till a toothpick comes out clear. Cool on a wire rack.
Best Way to Store Muffins
- Morning glory muffins are additional moist and can keep recent for about two days at room temperature or as much as every week within the fridge in an hermetic container.
- Freeze them for as much as 4 months in a big zippered bag and thaw them at room temperature in a single day or within the fridge.
- Looking for different scrumptious, hearty and wholesome muffin recipes? Try gentle, moist carrot muffins, zucchini muffins, or simple pumpkin muffins.
More Delicious Muffin Recipes
Did you make these Morning Glory Muffins? Leave us a score and a remark under!
Morning Glory Muffins
These simple morning glory muffins are the right approach to begin the day!
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin pan (or line with paper liners).
Combine eggs, pineapple, sugar, apple sauce, oil, and vanilla in a big bowl.
Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl.
Add dry components to egg combination and mix simply till moistened. Fold in remaining components.
Divide combination over 16 muffin cups. Bake at 400°F for five minutes. Turn the temperature all the way down to 350°F and bake for a further 16-18 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clear.
Freeze them for as much as 4 months in a big zippered bag and thaw them at room temperature in a single day or within the fridge.
Calories: 140 | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 111mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1816IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition data supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.