Spiced lamb and chickpea patties with yogurt, coriander and salad make the perfect filling for flatbread
- 1 x 400g and 1 x 210g can chickpea , drained and rinsed
- 1 egg
- 250g pack lean lamb mince
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- ¼ small pack coriander , roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- 1 romaine lettuce , shredded
- 4 tomatoes , sliced
- 1 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 150g pot 0% fat Greek yogurt
- oven chips , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
In a food processor, whizz the chickpeas with the egg for a few mins until almost a purée, but some bits remain. Spoon into a bowl and stir in the mince, spices, two-thirds of the garlic, the chilli and coriander. Season well and form into 12 small fritters.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the fritters in batches for 4 mins on each side, until crisp on the outside and cooked through.
- STEP 3
Top each wrap with a good handful of shredded lettuce, tomato, red onion and 3 fritters. Mix the yogurt with the remaining garlic and spoon a little over the fritters. Wrap up and tuck in, with chips on the side, if you like.