This simple Tomato Jam recipe was given to me by my mom-in-regulation. It’s scrumptious!
Fresh backyard tomatoes are simmered in a candy and savory combination of sugar, vinegar and seasonings to create a ramification and condiment you’ll love!
It will up-stage each recipe from sandwiches to burgers, eggs, and veggies! Make it with crimson or inexperienced tomatoes.
What is Tomato Jam?
- Thick and hearty, tomato jam is a candy and savory tomato-based mostly condiment.
- This jam is nice (as a jam needs to be) with a tangy kick and just a little bit of warmth (should you’d like).
- It’s simply made on the range and retains weeks within the fridge, no canning is required!
- This quick and straightforward condiment to impress at your events, picnics, and BBQs.
- This is a kind of superb ‘backyard items’ to make if in case you have an abundance of summer season tomatoes. Everyone loves a home made jar of tomato jam. Best of all, it is going to freeze for as much as 6 months!
Ingredients & Variations
Tomatoes – No have to blanch and peel tomatoes for tomato jam! Any recent tomatoes will do, nevertheless, recent Roma’s are the perfect as a result of they’ve skinny skins and are as meaty as canned Marzano’s.
Sugar – Honey is a pure sweetener that melts simply into tomato jam. Brown sugar, molasses, and even sugar-free Swerve can be utilized, nevertheless, the top end result won’t be as jelly-like as the unique recipe requires.
Seasonings – Apple cider offsets the acidity of the tomatoes, however the stage of serrano chile is as much as you. Meet your warmth and use as a lot or as little as you want. A splash of cayenne pepper, Tabasco sauce, or a splash of Sriracha may be switched out for minced chiles.
Add-Ins Cracked black pepper, diced shallots, or bacon bits will make your tomato jam recipe stand out!
How to Make Tomato Jam
This fancy condiment is really easy to make, simply three easy steps!
- Bring all components to a boil.
- Cool & serve.
Seriously. That’s all.
How to Serve Tomato Jam
What doesn’t go together with tomato jam?!
Tips for the Best Jam
- If the jam is just too free after half-hour, proceed cooking till the specified thickness is achieved.
- Use recent ripe tomatoes for the perfect taste.
- Tomatoes don’t must be peeled or seeded.
- Keep tomato jam refrigerated in a sealed container for as much as 10 days. Freeze parts in zippered baggage for as much as 6 months!
Did you make this Tomato Jam? Leave us a ranking and a remark under!