A Green Salad is a very important dish in your diet. It is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and fiber, but people do not generally include salads in their diet. This is because they do not realize the benefits which they can take from them. Lettuce, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and beets all add in your typical salad and they have great nutritional value and several health benefits.
But to make a healthy and delicious green salad plate, there are two secrets that you should know:
1-Colors; the more colors you add to the salad, the more delicious it looks. Kids also like a colorful salad.
2-Dressing; a nice dressing is what makes a perfect salad. A salad dressing is one of the most important ingredients for a delicious salad. Ready made salad dressings are great when you need to save time but if you like experimenting in the kitchen like I do, and knowing exactly what goes into your food, then making your own salad dressing is a sure bet for a fun event! Might even save a bit of money too. So I figured out the best salad dressing ingredients but of course you can add any other ingredients that you like.
But first, I will show you how to make a delicious green salad plate.
For the salad:
• 1 tomato, sliced
• 1 cucumber, chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 green pepper, cut into thin slices
• 1 red pepper, cut into thin slices
• 1 yellow pepper, cut into thin slices
• 1 cup romaine lettuce, cut into bite size
• 1 cup green salad cabbage, chopped
• 1 cup red salad cabbage, chopped
• 1 carrot, shredded
• 2 tablespoon red kidney beans
• 2 tablespoon black olives sliced
• 2 tablespoon green olives sliced
• 2 tablespoon chopped beets
• 3 tablespoon chopped parsley
• 3 tablespoon chopped dill
• Fresh crushed mint leaves
Ingredients for the dressing:
To save time, you can make a large batch and keep it in a jar in the refrigerator. All you need is:
• Extra virgin olive oil
• White vinegar (or balsamic vinegar if you like a sweet taste)
• Lemon juice
• Crushed or minced garlic
• pomegranate molasses
• Minced fresh shallots, chives or spring onion
• Fresh minced or dried crushed herbs such as mint leaves, basil, rosemary and thyme.
• Salt and fresh ground black pepper
• half teaspoon chili powder (optional)
• Mayonnaise and sour cream if you like a creamy dressing.
• Mix all the ingredients of the salad in a large salad bowl.
• Make the dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
• Pour the dressing on the salad and toss.
• If required the salad can be chilled for half an hour before serving.
I hope you’ve found some of the content here useful and wish you the best of luck with your healthy lifestyle!