If you love Chinese noodles and chicken soup, this chicken noodle soup recipe is recommended for you. Chicken noodle soup is a healthy, flavour rich and classic comfort soups.
Chicken broth-based soup is a soup made by bringing to a boil and then simmering the whole chicken in water, with various vegetables. Chinese style chicken-noodle-soup-recipe recipe introduced here consist of chicken, noodle, chicken stock, Chinese cabbage and seasoning.
1/2 bunch Chinese cabbage
7 cups Chinese chicken stock
2 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 tablespoon Ginger
3 teaspoon Oyster sauce
1 teaspoon Sesame oil
1 teaspoon White sugar
400gram Chicken breast
Few stalks Onion
2 Large red chilli
Ingredients B (Chinese chicken stock)
1kg Chicken meat
2 litres Water
6 stalks Spring onions
Red onion [1/2]
6 slices Ginger
6 Garlic cloves
1. Prepare all the ingredients in the chicken noodle soup recipe.
2. Make the Chinese chicken stock by using ingredients B since it will be used in making chicken noodles soup.
3. First, rinse the chicken with running water.
4. Make sure trim away excess fat from inside and outside cavity.
5. Cut the chicken into pieces and place in a large stockpot.
6. Put all other ingredients into the stockpot.
7. Boil it and then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Remove any impurities.
8. Turn down heat until the surface of the stock is barely moving.
9. Cooks for about 2 hours.
10. Remove stock and discard the chicken pieces. Strain stock and keep covered and warm.
11. For ingredients A, remove core from Chinese cabbage, cut it and washing with clean water.
12. Cut the chicken meat into pieces. Slices the spring onion and red chilli.
13. Place noodles in a colander and rinse it with hot water.
14. Boil the stock in a large pot. While cut the ginger in julienne ginger.
15. Add in ginger, soy sauce, and sugar and oyster sauce. Mix it thoroughly.
16. Pour in noodles and simmering for a while.
17. Add in Chinese cabbage and chicken pieces until the chicken meat is cook through.
18. Stir in the sesame oil.
19. Reduce the heat to keep warm the soup.
20. Ladle soup into large bowl.
21. Spring onion and red chilies can be served alongside with soup.
22. Serve the chicken noodles soup hot. Enjoy it!
1. Simmer refer to heat the stock to an extent where it is almost boil and keep it for a specific time. Simmering is characterized by small bubbles which rise slowly to the surface and usually the bubbles are breaking before they reach to the surface.
2. Rinse noodles under hot water are used to wash away any excess starch.
3. Stocks influence many dishes. So, to make a good stock, having the best quality ingredients is necessary. For chicken stock, it is recommend using whole chicken as it will create a deep, rich flavor and textured stock.
4. Chicken noodle soup is suitable to consume for any time of year especially during cold days or when you are ill because of its freshness and bursting with flavour. It has been prescribed to cure colds by providing nutrients and vitamins and draining nasal passages.
Benefits of the soup:
Chicken noodle soup has a curative property that helps with flu, colds and stuffy noses.