These low-fat burgers freeze well, so why not make double and freeze for another time?
- 500g pack turkey mince
- ½ tsp dried thyme or 2 tsp fresh
- 1 lemon
For the relish
- 250g cooked peeled beetroot (not in vinegar), finely diced
- 1 small red onion , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Little Gem lettuce , to serve
- wholemeal pitta bread , to serve
- STEP 1
Tip turkey into a bowl with the thyme. Finely grate in the zest from the lemon and add a little seasoning. Use your hands to mix the ingredients well, then shape into 4 patties. Chill until ready to cook. Can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- STEP 2
Mix the beetroot with the juice from ½ the lemon, onion, parsley, oil and mustard. Grill, griddle or barbecue the burgers for about 6 mins each side and serve with the beetroot relish, lettuce and pitta breads.