Introduce slightly luxurious to a creamy rooster and potato gratin by including truffle. An ideal consolation dish to serve in winter, or if you need one thing particular
- 2 rooster legs , pores and skin on
- 1 tbsp salted butter , softened, plus slightly additional, melted
- 1 small black truffle from a jar, sliced into very skinny discs (use a mandoline you probably have one) or a jar of truffle & porcini paste
- 125ml double cream
- 125ml rooster inventory
- 1 garlic clove , peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 sage leaves , plus a couple of additional for topping
- 500g floury potatoes , peeled and finely sliced (use a mandoline you probably have one)
- 15g parmesan , finely grated
- watercress salad , to serve
- STEP 1
Rigorously pull the pores and skin on the rooster legs away from the flesh, making an attempt to not break the pores and skin, then rub ¼ tbsp butter between the pores and skin and flesh on every leg. Rigorously put half of the truffle discs on high of the butter, or smear on some truffle paste and easy again the pores and skin. Season the pores and skin, then put aside within the fridge.
- STEP 2
Warmth the double cream and inventory along with the garlic cloves, remaining truffle, bay and sage then, as soon as simmering, put aside to infuse for 30 minutes.
- STEP 3
Warmth oven to 180C/160C fan/fuel 4 and butter the within of a shallow baking dish that may match each rooster legs. Layer the potatoes, including the truffle slices from the cream between the layers together with some seasoning, then pressure over the infused cream and inventory combination. Sprinkle over the parseman and scatter over the remaining sage leaves. Place the rooster legs on high, brush with melted butter, then roast for 1 hr or till the potatoes are cooked and the rooster golden and cooked via. Permit to relaxation for 10 minutes, letting the rooster juices drip into the potatoes, then serve with a watercress salad.