Homemade enzyme is one of the popular home remedy in Asia. Enzymes aids digestion and able to increase metabolism. Other benefits are body detoxification, strengthening immune system, reducing inflammation (helps in recovery of wounds), anti-bacterial and boosting energy.
Different type of fruit enzyme has their own unique health benefits when taken. For this article, I’ll will be discussing lime and grape enzyme. Lime is used to get rid of phlegm and prevent the respiratory tract from infection such as flu and asthma. It also improves the heart function. Grapes are a powerful antioxidant and act as a diuretic (reduce water retention).
Ingredients for making lime and grape enzyme:
- 15 fresh limes
- 300 g green grapes
- 3 pieces brown sugar
- 1/4 bottle honey
Making lime and grape enzyme step by step:
- Wash and dry all fruits. Cut lime into halves.
- Divide into 3 portions and arrange the ingredients.
- Repeat the process until all the ingredients are used up.
- Cover the bottle with a piece of cloth or cling wrap.
- Place the lid on top.
- Keep rotating the bottle everyday so that they are well mixed.
- Keep in a cool dry place for 2-3 weeks.
- When it is ready to consume store in the refrigerator.
- To serve, add 2 tbsp of the enzyme with a cup of water.
Make sure that everything is clean and hygienic when you are preparing and making this enzyme to prevent contamination and growing of mold or bacteria. For more tips and information on how to make many other types of fruit enzymes, visit asianfoodandrecipes.blogspot.com.