Get that Friday feeling during the week with our healthier twist on takeaway favourite, fish and chips, made with sweet potatoes. Serve with mushy peas
- 2 large sweet potatoes , cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 cornichons , finely chopped, plus 1 tbsp of the brine
- 1 shallot , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill , plus extra to serve
- 300g frozen peas
- 50ml milk
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 4 cod or pollock loin fillets
- 1 lemon , cut into wedges, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 8. Toss the sweet potatoes with the oil and some seasoning on a baking tray. Roast for 20 mins.
- STEP 2
Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, cornichons and reserved brine, the shallot and dill with 1 tbsp cold water in a small bowl and set aside.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, put the peas in a pan with the milk, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins. Blitz the mixture using a hand blender until roughly puréed. Stir in the mint and season to taste. Set aside.
- STEP 4
Add the cod or pollock to the baking tray with the sweet potatoes, season and cook for 10-15 mins more, or until cooked through. Warm through the pea mixture. Scatter over some dill and serve the traybake with the yogurt tartare and the mushy peas.